It is so nice to have our furniture now!! We have had it for almost three weeks and it is so nice. All of the boxes have been opened and unpacked or stored away to be used in three years. Our garage and loft are especially full right now :) I thought I send some pictures of our house now that it's mostly put together.
The kitchen- To the left of the picture is the fridge and next to it is the door that goes out to the entry way. The door on the right goes to the utility (laundry) room. The picture above is looking from the doorway into the kitchen.
The dining area with doors out to the garden.
Looking at the kitchen/dinning from the double doors leading outside.
This is the view when you open the front door. Directly ahead of you are the double doors to the living room. And off to the left would be the door to the kitchen.
The living room is a long rectangle shape so we divided it in half kind of. It worked better this way with our furniture. But knowing me, I'll probably rearrange every 6 mo. or so.
Disclaimer- All pictures and things hanging on the walls are located where there were already hooks attached to the walls. I attempted to put a nail in the wall (thankfully in the laundry room) and the wall fell apart. Plaster is not the same as drywall!! So, if there are some things hanging in odd places or at odd heights that's because I would rather it look a little funny then not have a wall at all!
Another view from the front door/ entry area. This door leads to the office. There is still some work to do in her so I won't bore you with a picture.
Upstairs are the bedrooms. This is Owen's room.
Ellika's room. Haha, notice her bed? We still have to order a full size mattress to fit in the bed. She is currently sleeping on a Twin size that doesn't actually fit. She's only rolled off to the right side once and there are lots of pillows there. She actually didn't even wake up, we just checked on her and she was asleep on the floor!
The playroom.
This is our wardrobe that Brian put together. It is our coat closet as well as our games/toy closet. Let's just say it's packed and when you open up the door... stand back a bit!
And then there is our bedroom. The red wall is a slightly different color than the red in the pillows and chairs but overall I'm really impressed with how well everything goes together. I was extremely happy that the movers were able to get the treadmill into my room and that we could get a transformer to make it work. Now if somebody would just use it :) The first day the movers came they said it was too wide for the stairs. But Brain reminded me that the top half comes off so I asked them again the second day. I felt really bad about it, but they were really nice. There are some knicks on the railing and were some big marks on the walls going up the stairs and I heard a lot of grunting (it's really heavy), but they did it! And the marks came off for the most part.
The movers were also not able to take our box springs upstairs the first day. The Queen size was too big to go around the corner and up the stairs so they had to have their guy come back the second day and cut the boards in the box spring so it would curve enough to go up. It was really interesting to watch them do it. He had to take all the staples out and remove the covering of the mattress and then cut the boards, take it upstairs, and put it all back together again. They said they have to do it all the time now because the beds have gotten bigger but the houses have not. Interesting! But again, doesn't the chair look really good?! I love how it turned out!!! Thanks again Tammy West!!!
1 comment:
Glad you are all settled! Also glad your furniture arrived. It's so fun following your adventures!
Post a Comment