Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Colchester Zoo

 When I would ask Owen what he wanted to do when we moved to England his answer was always, go to the zoo.  So we went on a Saturday to Colchester Zoo.  It was only 45 minutes or so away and we could drive there easily. 
 These black bears were the first animals we saw.  It was a little rainy and slightly chilly outside which I think always makes the animals more active. 
 There were so many different types of monkeys.  I had no idea so many existed.

 The penguins were fun to watch too.




 Orangutans apparently have very long arms!!!

 Even longer than Brian's!
 I loved the lions.  They were sitting up here on a rock like Mufasa and Sirabe.  ( A little Lion King reference!)
 The animals pretty much looks the same in the UK!


 Kangaroos!
 And for those of you who love snakes :)
We had a fun day as a family, enjoyed the animals, and saw a little more of England. 

1 comment:

The Tarbet Family said...

yes but at the Toledo Zoo the Lions are always sleeping!!! Yours are way cooler!!!