Sunday, April 1, 2012

Business Class!!!

 So February 29th finally arrived and we were ready to head out.  Our flight didn't leave until 6:00 pm so we loaded everything up in the morning, ran some errands and Rach came and picked us up from the hotel for lunch and then to a few stores.  We had 8 pieces of luggage and 4 carry-ons so we had to take a taxi to the airport.
 After lunch we spent a little time at Barnes and Noble.
We did most of this without any tears.  And when the taxi came it was such an ordeal loading everything in and then we were off that their wasn't time for the ugly cry goodbye.  Although,  I might have cried a bit as we were driving away and I realized we really were moving to England for three years. 
 Oh and I forgot to mention.... two car seats!!  Talk about having a lot of stuff. 
 So I have flown a lot of times in my life but this was only my second time to be on the other side of the curtain.  Business class definitely has some advantages.  Like the lounge you get to wait in before your flight arrives.  We had yummy popcorn and apple juice.
 Owen enjoying a little snack while playing with his leap pad.

 And then we got to board early so we could have our drink of orange juice.  Ridiculous how much room she has don't you think?  Ellika sat by me and Brian and Owen sat in front of us. 

 Watching Net Flix before we took off.
 Already comfortable.
 I laughed when they gave Ellie the hot towel.  She was busy watching Toy Story on her mini tv.
 They were both enjoying their nuts and apple juice.  

 So we got an appetizer, main course and dessert.  This is when Ellie spilled her apple juice.  She didn't like sitting in wet pants so I took them off so they could dry.  I set them on the table while we slept and when we woke up they were no where to be found!!  Seriously, no where!!  We looked under the seats, in the aisles, asked the flight attendants, everything.  But her black leggings had disappeared.  And I'm not sure what I was thinking but I had NO change of clothing or extra clothes for her in our carry on so yep, she went through customs just wearing her diaper!!  Classy Americans.
 Ellie had ice cream for dessert but I had yummy chocolate cream puffs. 
After dinner, Toy Story 2, and 2 episodes of Phinneas and Ferb, Ellika finally was able to fall asleep.  Our seats layed down completely flat and we each got a pillow and a blanket as well as our little bag of hygiene items... toothbrush, toothpast, eye mask, lotion, lip balm, socks, shoe polish and a shoe horn I think.   And when we woke up.... we were in England!!!

No comments: