Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our temporary diggs

 We arrived at Heathrow airport around 7:00 am England time, managed to get all our luggage on two push carts and headed out to find our taxi driver.  We waited for him for about 20 minutes.  When we finally meet up and started heading for the taxi, Brian realized we forgot to pick up the car seats from baggage claim!  Aghhhh.  So Brian took off to try to get back in past security.  He had to call someone from the airlines to come get him and escort him back.  It probably took another 30 minutes or so but he did get them and we could finally head out to our house. 
 This is how Ellika looked when we went through security.  Like I said... classy. 
 So we were finally on the last stretch and I was feeling pretty pleased with how well things had gone and about 20 minutes into our drive Ellika starts throwing up!!!  Aghhhh!  And you would think with 8 pieces of luggage we would have had something to help us out, but nope, not really.  We did manage to find the last few wipes and Kleenexes and a change of clothes for her.   And I had some little diaper garbage bags we could put all the used things in and so the SECOND time she threw up in the taxi, at least I had a bag for her to do it in.  Poor girl.  First she looses her pants and then she's sick. 
 This was pre-throw up.
 This was our furnished apartment we stayed in for a week when we got there.  Ours was on the top floor.  It was a quick walk up to the Brentwood High Street and right next to the train station, which was a little loud for me and Brian but the kids loved it. 
 If it looks like you are looking at an IKEA catalog, I understand.  I think everything in the apartment was from there. Which is totally ok, because I really like IKEA.


 The kids shared a bedroom again but at least this time they each had a bed! 



Both kids thought these silver coasters were the coolest things ever.  Perhaps I hadn't packed enough toys!!

No comments: