The day Owen had his half day at school we picked up his uniform. He was being very cooperative when Brian came home and tried on all the different clothes. I think he actually likes wearing it. And it is soooo much easier when getting him ready for the day. I'm hoping they make uniforms the norm in the US by the time we move back! Picture this outfit with a white button down shirt under the sweater (or jumper as they call it) and black shoes, I hadn't purchased those yet.
This is his winter uniform. Trousers (shorts) and long socks, with his blazer and cap. He can either wear his winter hat or the one he has on in this picture and then he has a summer cap (pictured in the last photo) to school. He also has to wear the blazer to and from school every day. In the summer he will have a short sleeve white shirt and short socks, but otherwise the same.
Even though they wear short trousers they do have a nice coat, scarf and winter hat for the cold days. And gloves of course.
He has swimming lessons every Monday and this is his uniform. He was really nervous his first day of swimming and cried on the walk over to the pool. His teacher said she held his hand the way over and once he got there she said he put on his suit and jumped right in. After he was finished I was helping to put his clothes on and get ready to take him home and he told me, "I was really scared to go swimming, but then I LOVED it!" His second time there were a few tears afterwards because the teacher had him put his face in the water and he didn't like that, but then the third time we purchased some goggles for him and he enjoyed it again. We'll see how it goes when we get back from Easter Break. I'm so happy that he has swimming every week through school. That will help a lot when we get our boat again!! The other funny swimming thing is, after his second day Brian was asking him how it went and if he wore his swimming shorts. He said, "Dad, we don't wear swimming shorts", Brian said, "what do you wear then?" and he responded with, "We wear swimming underpants!" It made us laugh pretty hard.
This is his PE uniform. He takes it at the beginning of the week in his big backpack and they keep it there and change into it as needed during the week. Each child also belongs to a House. Owen is in the Raleigh House and it is green. Hence the green polo. They get House points for doing things well.
This is the other part of the PE kit. This is what he wears on his swimming days. They say it makes changing easier. This is what I would want to wear everyday. It seems really comfortable!
Ellika was feeling a little left out of all the photo's being taken of Owen so she had to model for us too.
And last but not least is his apron. This also stays at school for the week and he brings it home on the weekend to wash. He wears it every day at lunch and when they do any messy art projects.
On the first day of swimming I forgot to put his polo shirt on and the third time swimming I forgot to send his rain boots (which are called Wellies) so we are still learning they system!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness how adorable are all of these pictures?! He looks like a little gentleman. Ellie's shoes are to dang cute too =)
Post a Comment