Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mother's Day

 Mother's Day is celebrated on March 18th here.  How lucky for me to get two special days!! 
 It was only week 3 in the new primary and after some encouragement from on of the primary presidency, Owen went up and sang a sweet Mother's Day song with the rest of the kids.  When he came back to our pew he was so proud of himself and I was so proud of him for going up to the front when he was obviously nervous that yes, it brought tears to my eyes.  I'm such a baby when it comes to my kids!!
 Our house is all hardwood and tile floors except the entry way (which, why in the world would someone choose their entry way to be carpet... and light colored carpet at that!  And in a rainy city!!) Anyway, since this is the softest spot to sit in our house, we often end up here, playing Trouble or reading books. 
 We recently discovered the Toddler Time at our city library. We have been two times now and Ellika loves it.  Everything is just for her age and I think she really likes having something to do that is her own.  I love that you can always count on the library for good activities!!!

 People ask me what the weather is like and I would have to say that most of the time it has been very pleasant.  We have had several days where the kids can play outside after school.  It's so far only been rainy on Saturdays when we are out an about seeing things :)  Go figure!

No comments: