Driving and parking in London is something I hope to never do. It looks like chaos!! There were a couple times the Bishop pulled over to the side, we jumped out to see some eggs, and he drove around the block or blocks or circles or whatever it was that he did! And one time he just stayed with the car since he wasn't really in a parking spot!!
Oh and I have to mention that the Bishop also gave Owen and Ellika little baskets and each time we found a big egg, he would give them a chocolate cadbury egg!! Both kids were so happy to pass their baskets up and to count how many eggs they had. They also want to eat them as fast as he put them in, but I had to be the responsible parent on that one and only let them have a few.
The Bishop's wife, Karen, and their daughter, Charolette also came with us. They were just as nice as the Bishop! One of my favorite stops was after we got out to see the eggs, the girls just ran in real quick to a retail store called NEXT. I hadn't been in one before but had been wanting to and Karen needed to look for a handbag... you know, just real quick!!
I can't remember the name of this market, but it is the place where we couldn't find one of the eggs. And it's also the place where out of the blue Owen said to Brian, "This is the coolest city I've ever been to!"
I liked the golf ball egg. Karen and Charolette are my visiting teachers for the next couple months until Charolette goes off to BYU in the fall. We have all sorts of shopping and Downtown Abbey events planned. That's my kind of visiting teaching!!
Here is the Bishop and the rest of us. I don't know how he found a parking garage and then I have no idea how he managed to squeeze the van into the garage, but somehow we did so we could walk around Covent Garden and eat at a very yummy Italian restaurant.
There were tons of street performers. You pay them money to take a picture with you and they usually do something crazy and in between they are suppose to stand frozen.
The dinosaur egg.
Soooooooooo many people!!! I think it was a combination of the egg hunt and the first nice Saturday of spring.
When we asked Owen what his favorite egg was he said it was this one.... ummmm, not sure why?
I was pretty impressed with my kids. We were gone pretty much all day and they didn't complain. Owen walked all around and Ellika was really obedient to sit in her stroller. She did cry and get upset when she thought Princess Catherine and Prince William were riding in the carriage next to us and she couldn't see them! Hahah, it was so funny that she was seriously so disturbed.
I thought this wedding egg was very pretty.
On the way home Owen needed to go number one really badly so we had to ask the Bishop to pull over (oh to be a boy!), but what made me laugh was that Charolette had mentioned she needed a bathroom as well so as Owen was standing by the bush doing his business he asked, "where's Charolette going?" Maybe too much information, but it made me laugh. BTW, she clearly waited!
And the end of the 40 days, they gathered all the eggs in one place for a few days. We didn't get back down there to see them, but Karen shared some pictures of it on facebook. Some of them were really awesome looking. This was seriously a very fun event!!!
I liked this post box one...
And I've become a big fan of the Union Jack Flag (I think I had always thought this was the England flag, it's not. It's the Union Jack Flag which is England, Wales, and Scotland.... I think)



No comments:
Post a Comment