Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Scooters

 I had no idea that scooters were all the rage in England!  Seriously, everywhere you look there are kids on scooters.  I think it's because they are so much easier to control than big bikes and with the pavement (aka sidewalks) and streets  being so small here I don't know where you teach your kids to ride a bike.  Anyway, luckily Owen got a scooter for Christmas and was happy when it arrived with the rest of our things. 
 We bought Ellika on here and it's perfect for her.  It is adjustable from 4 wheels down to 2 as she gets better.  This was her first time using it.  You can see the concentration in her little face.  I was pretty impressed with both of them.  They fell a couple times but got right back up and kept going.  We went back to Barleylands (I have a feeling we'll be going there OFTEN!) and it's great because there are large areas for them to ride. 


 Hehehehehe. I couldn't help myself. She was showing her back smile most of the afternoon while she was playing. I have no idea how her pants are ever going to stay up. They were cinched as tightly as I could get them and they still kept coming down. Funny though since she's two.

 We did walk around and see the animals this time at least.  They had these huge birds, they called this a bald eagle.... but I have my doubts, anyway they had them all lined up and tied to the ground.  So right as I took the picture he tried to fly away but he couldn't go anywhere.... poor fella. 
 You can't tell in the photo but he was about the size of Ellie.
 And here's a picture to make Grandma May proud.... they wanted to milk the cow!!!  Water would come out when they were doing it right (or trying at least).  They were funny because they were here forever. 
 We are enjoying our time here and have made some friends (I think) but we all still miss everyone back in the States.  Owen told Brian the other night that he wanted to get on an airplane the next day and go back to Michigan.  He said there are better parks there.  And then he named off all of his friends he misses.  We have a stack of colored pictures to be sent out to all of his little buddies.   These pictures make me laugh because he purposely put on his Michigan shirt and then drew a picture for Brooklen and then asked me to take his picture and send it to Rachie so she doesn't forget about him.  Like that could ever happen!!
He is getting pretty good at writing his letters.  He has had to learn his lower case letters since starting school.  Apparently we had only worked on upper case.  Oops!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is the cutest crack I've seen in a long time :)