Wednesday, August 17, 2011

West Yellowstone

 Going to church in West Yellowstone is always a unique experience.  There are SOOO many people there.  You have actually be on time and I'd say even a few minutes early if you want a seat... and I mean a seat even in the gym.  I'm not sure what time you have to get there to be in the chapel!  (We didn't even try!!)
 We were surprisingly all ready enough to have a few pictures taken before church though.  Aren't we a cute family??? 



 I realized I did not have a picture of Martin in our little flip family photo book (The way I teach my kids who their relatives are since we only see them twice a year!) so of course I had to remedy that!!  And what better to pose by then his mustang!!
 I thought we all looked pretty nice all dressed up!



 I love when they hold hands.
 After church we went into Yellowstone Park and had a picnic.  I can't  remember what this little place is called but we've stopped here a few times and it is beautiful.... yes, just like the rest of the park!
 Three generations of Merx men.


 They loved being able to run in a big open space.
 Reason #10 Shannon's the favorite Aunt-  She will take my kids wherever they want to go and let me sit back and relax (this could be why she's such a great sister-in-law!!)
 Cool dragonfly, we thought.


 I know, it was Sunday, BUT we were on vacation status and had a little ice cream while we were waiting for Good Ol'e Old Faithful to go off. 

 But it was good down to the very last bite!!!
 Waiting to see Old Faithful. 
 And there she goes!!!!  Owen said to Brian as they were watching it erupt, "Dad, this is pretty cool, but can we go see something else now?"  Apparently, he wasn't as impressed as he should have been!
 We wanted to take Owen and Ellika on a small hike when we got back but we made it about 50 feet from the cabin and decided it was not worth all the mosquito bites we were getting!!!  They were terrible!!!
 So when I was packing for our trip it was a heat wave in MI., I neglected to realize that the moutains would be slightly cooler than that!!!  Thankfully, Grandma had an extra jacket Owen could borrow!

Next year we'll have more bug spray with us!!! 

1 comment:

Amber said...

Looks like a fun summer! I cannot believe how big Ellika is! They grow way to fast in my opinion...