They are way into the picnic thing right now. So anytime the sun is out and the grass is dry this is what they want to do.
And Owen was super excited that he just found his tent. It had been missing since we moved.
Hair cut time. We headed to the Barber Shop on the High Street.
We always pass this big shoe in front of the shoe store so of course I thought I should get a picture.
Owen's school friend Hudson had his birthday party last month. I know I have mentioned this before, but birthdays are such a huge deal here. She this party was at a hall. I don't know how many kids were invited, but a lot, and an entertainer.
So all the parents stay and hang out to visit while the entertainer keeps the kids busy.
Then they serve lunch.
Then the birthday cake. Which they don't actually serve, but the slice it up and you take the slice with you. But isn't this cake awesome??
And then there are the party favors. The entertainer gave them all balloons and a small gift and inside Owen's gift bag was really good stuff... a spderman electronic toothbrush, spidermad sunglasses, and other spiderman toys. Very fun!
On a side note, thanks to pinterest, I have started to actually try to fix Ellika's hair.
Ellika had her "induction day" at school. She got to go into her classroom with the other kids that will be in her class in September for an hour. She was happy about the idea of going, but when we got there and she realized I really was going into the other room there were of course big tears and clinging to my leg. I had spoken to the teachers earlier that this might happen and they said to just walk away and they would deal with her. So I did. A little later, the teacher came to talk to each of the parents in the other room. She said Ellie was doing fine, she had cried a little bit but had settled down as she and the teacher played.
I'm nervous for her to start and am nervous how the first week or two will go, but then I think she will really like it once she decides it's fun. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment