Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Walk through our neighborhood

 Ellika and I were walking home from the High Street the other day and I thought I'd take a few pictures of where it is we walk and what we see.  This is one of the paths we take to cut through the park.
 Lake Meadows Park
 One of the very narrow roads.
 Although this makes driving and finding your way more difficult, I do think this street sign is pretty cool.
 We live by a primary school (equivelant to an elementary school) and there is a zebra crosswalk in front of it.  I love these, because cars have to stop immediately if there is someone there.  Not like in America where crosswalks aren't taken that seriously.
 Our house.
 You have to watch out for these little signs.  They are the no parking between these hours signs.  And they aren't very big so it makes parking even more difficult.  We have one on our street because we live by the school and cars can't park during school run times because it blocks traffic. 
Not related to our neighborhood, but the best thing about living in England so far is definitely the online grocery service.  I pay about $5 and do all the ordering online and it is delivered not only to my house, but to my kitchen counter!  I'm never shopping with small children again.  It's awesome.  And some people have asked how my produce is and it's better than when I have picked it out myself.  Seriously, it's the best.

No comments: