We had a free Saturday and didn't have much going on, so after Brian cleaned himself up from basketball (I think this was the same Saturday as the blood) we decided to to to a town called Southend. It is not far from where we live, 30 minute drive maybe, and I have heard lots of people talk about it as somewhere fun to go. There is also a church building there from our stake so I wanted to check it out. Of course the day we decide to try it out is the windiest day ever! And right off the water makes it even more so. Oh well!
I wasn't sure what the beach scene was going to be so I had my kids in beach-type clothes. Ellika is wearing a pair of Owen's shorts because I wanted them long enough to be a little warm but still good to wear in the water. The tide was way out and the beach was really rocky and with the wind causing the sand to go everywhere, we decided to skip the beach and just let the kids ride their scooters along the esplanade (or whatever it's called).
We passed by these sprinklers that are similar to the ones on the Detroit River Walk and Owen instantly wanted to run through them.
Ellika thought she did too....
Owen went for it...
Ellie needed some convincing... and stayed a bit farther away from the actual water...
Owen quickly ran back to me and put his sweatshirt back on saying it was MUCH to cold!! I was still proud of him for even going through one time. And grateful Brian was willing to take Ellie.
Owen found a balloon and decided it was the coolest thing ever.
We got to the pier, which used to be the longest pier in the United Kingdom, and had to wait about 10 minutes for our train ride. The kids easily entertained themselves.
I love Owen's expression in this photo.
And then we made it on the train!
I think it goes out 1 1/2 miles. We would have rode the train one way and walked back the other but it was way to windy!
Owen was trying to block out the wind.
We couldn't even stand up straight!
But we did find this fun Union Jack Flag to pose by.
And of course we ended the day with ice cream!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment