I just want to point out that YES, this picture was taken in June and YES, we are all wearing coats. Seriously, I was getting REALLY tired of the weather. It was rainy and cold for about 4 weeks straight. However, we had made plans to meet some church people at the park by our house on the last day of Owen's break and so we headed out to the park. We played there for about an hour and then when the rain really started pouring, I asked that they give me 10 minutes to put my house in order (when am I going to learn my lesson about leaving a messy house behind!) and then I invited them to come back to my house to have our picnics. There were about 4 families there and my house was the closest to the park. My kids actually loved having other friends over to play and it turned out to be a fun day afterall.
The following day was a Saturday and it was a Stake Relief Society Temple day. It was the first chance I had to go to the temple and was grateful that my friend Alethea offered me a ride. It was dedicated in 1958 by President David O. McKay and sits on 32 acres. As with every other temple I've been to, it has an extremly peaceful feeling and it's own beauty.
The grounds are especially beautiful. We had a lovely time and of course it always makes me excited to go back.
On Sunday evening we walked back over to the park and had a little picnic dinner. It was a fun way to end Owen's break from school and the perfect end to a fun weekend.
Ellika and I needed to run a few errands while Owen was back at school and wouldn't you know it.... she fell asleep just as we were pulling into the parking lot!
I am not going to go into how I feel about Ellie wearing nappies still... ok, so I don't really call them nappies, it sounds too funny, but thought I'd put it in. I won't go into how I feel about Ellie wearing diapers still but I will say how much I love these cute Union Jack ones I found on sale! Aren't they fun?!
I'm not to sure these Brits know how to play basketball.... this is how Brian returned home one Saturday morning after playing. He has been happy to have found a league to play with, but after almost getting his nose broken, I'm not so sure I want him going back!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment