So although the city is so small, it still has this beautiful Cathedral. We walked around the town and then around the Cathedral.
After the Cathedrale we spotted the Ice Cream Shop. Of course we had to stop there!!
Then it was time to hit the beach.
We got there around 1:30 or so and the tide was really far out. The sand was really fun for the kids to play on and Owen loved splashing through this section where there was still a bit of water.
Brian had his first surfing lesson ever. It was the two instructors and then one of the instructors girlfriend. So it was like a private lesson.
First they had to warm up on the beach and get instructions. Do you see how far the tide is out?
Obviously the kids just wanted to play in the sand.
And off they go. Brian did get up a few times but I did not have my camera ready and pointed to him when he did. So just imagine him riding the wave like a pro.
We played on the sand for awhile and then we decided to go get something to eat and to put the kids swimwear on. I wasn't sure how cold it was going to be so I hesitated putting them in swim suits.
(Obviously, this was before we went to change!)
Ellie did get a little cold and she snuggled up in Owen's sweatshirt and towels. I thought she was going to fall asleep, which she might have, if I hadn't had to keep moving her towel as the tide was coming in!
Owen went over to tell Brian what a great job he did.
When Brian was done, the kids got their second wind and they ran around not wanting to leave.
We did manage to build a sandcastle, but there was quite a bit of water damage before we finished!
Brian is the way better parent. He got in the water and played. I took pictures. Owen loved jumping over the waves.
He was shivering! He said to Brian, "My teeth are moving and I'm not even doing it!" But he was having way too much fun to want to leave.
So we stayed until the tide kicked us off. It came all the way to the rock wall and then there was nowhere left to play. I don't think we left until 5:00 or later.
This was by far, the kids best day of vacation!!
And then sometimes you need to have a place to take your cute beachy munchinks for dinner that will be quick, noisey, and something they will eat... enter McDonalds! It does the trick in every country!
2 comments:
Cute Angie! You guys look like you are having tons of fun. I know I am not supposed to covet my neighbor but I am so jealous of your fun adventures!
Cute Angie! You guys look like you are having tons of fun. I know I am not supposed to covet my neighbor but I am so jealous of your fun adventures!
Post a Comment