Friday, July 1, 2011

Cars 2 Day!!!

 We have been waiting and waiting for this day to come.  Actually Rachie has been counting down the days with Owen for the past 90 days!!!  So if it seems like we went a little overboard, I blame her!!  Although, I was pretty excited about it too.  The day started with a surprise on the kitchen table for everyone when they came in for breakfast.  I had all the Cars 2 cars that they already own all spread out on the table with their new ones with their names on them for them to open and play with.  And of course the Cars 2 cereal. 

 Ellika was pretty much in love with Holly Shiftwell! 
 And Owen said Raoul Caroule was the car he always wanted!
 Brian got the Double Decker Bus, which he was nice enough to let the kids play with while he was at work.
 A couple hours later, Rachie came over to help get ready for the party and to spoil the kids a little bit more.  Owen got Miles Axlerod and Ellie got Petrov Trunkov (who thinks of these names??), plus pez dispensers, juice bottles, and gummies for the movie. 
 Then it was time for our party with friends.  Naturally it was a Cars 2 Themed lunch!
 While I was getting this situated upstairs I thought Ellika was downstairs watching a movie.... when I came down to check on her I found that she was in fact watching the movie but she had also discovered candy inside the pinata and was helping herself!!!  The funny thing is I have no idea how she knew there was candy inside since she wasn't there when we filled it and she hasn't done a pinata since last summer.  All I can say is she's like me and she can sniff out candy!!! 
 When our friends arrived we had some coloring pictures from the Cars 2 coloring book and the others were in the living room playing with all the other cars. 
 Then it was lunchtime!! 
 I was so impressed with all these kids.  The picnic was suppose to be outside where they could spread out and have some fun but of course it had to rain this day!!!  So instead they were all in my living room.  But they were all so good and stayed on the blankets. 
 Then it was time for the pinata!  Also an activity that was suppose to be outside! 
 We decided to use the string technique.  Each child grabbed a string and on the count of 3 all pulled to let the candy out....


 It kinda worked.  The strings did open the flap and a few pieces of candy came out and then I just stood above all the kids and shook out the rest!  I felt like that was a safer way to go with all the little kids and limited space than a baseball bat! 
 And here they are showing off their candy!!!! 
 We even had a surprise guest appearance of Bibe!  We thought she had to work this day but she took a few minutes off and came to play!
 And of course, what's an event without matching t-shirts??!!  Thanks Quickdraw for the super cute shirts!!!!  One design has Lightning McQueen on front with the saying, Faster than Fast Quicker than Quick, Kachow on back and the other has Mater on the front with the saying, Look out ladies, Mater's fittin' to get funky, on the back.  Love them!!!  Then we were all dressed and ready to go to the theater!!  Brian even got to meet us there!! 


 After the movie a couple families came back to our house for a BBQ.  I love a summer BBQ! 


Thanks Lightning and Mater for giving us a reason to celebrate!!!!  It was a super fun day!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Such a fun day.

Rachael said...

Let's see if this works.