Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Football (aka soccer) Camp Week


I love sleeping babies.  Both kids like to fall asleep while looking at books.  I can't say that I blame them.  If Brian took a picture of me at night... I'm probably holding a book 90% of the time too!

I know I have mentioned, maybe even complained a bit, that the weather here has been cold the majority of the time we have been here.  Do you remember we were wearing coats in June?  Anyway, it has been pleasantly hot here for the past week or so and we are loving it!!  I would love it a little more if we had air conditioning, but I am so not going to complain!!  Owen was sweating a bit so I     re-styled his hair.
After Owen enjoyed his previous two day soccer/football camp, we decided to sign him up for another one.  This one was four days from 10:30 to 3:30.  I think he had fun.  And the best part, it was a quick 10 minute walk from our house.  Love that.

The first day he was gone we had the privilege of having Charlotte from Owen's class come play for the day.  Her family was getting ready to move back to America at the end of the week and she needed a place to play.  Ellika was so excited to have an older girl to play with.  And Charlotte was happy to be the older girl who got to paint the younger girls fingernails.

When Ellika asked for a drink while getting her toe nails painted I couldn't help laughing.  I can't wait to take her to get a real pedicure!
And then they found the dress up box and baby dolls.  So cute!
And when they asked me if I would let them put water in the dishes so they could have a proper tea party... how was I suppose to say no? 
Day 2 of soccer camp, Ellika and I met a friend at the mall.  We stopped off at the Disney Store and she seriously wanted to hug every princess she saw.  She was really good when I told her we weren't buying any of them, but she could put it on her birthday list.  She has a big wish list!!
Day 3 of soccer camp.  Owen was showing off his new (hand-me-down) soccer kit.  For some reason this is now his favorite one.  Whatever.



Ellika and I met some more friends at Barleylands and actually looked at the animals this time. 
And had a picnic.
And watched the duck race... yep, it's as exciting as it sounds.
Esme, and her two daughters; Ellie and Kitty.  They are in our ward.
Petty Donald the Duck.
Louise and Tom; also members of our ward.

There was a cute little photo-op set up that we thought we'd try to take advantage of.  But turns out the kids weren't too interested.

Ellie and Ellie... they are only 6 months apart.  Why does my tall child always find the shortest friends??
Cute Thomas.

Day 4 of soccer camp- Ellie and I met some other friends at the park and then went an hour or so early to watch Owen at camp.
Owen and his friend Harry got to be on the same team the last day. 

If you can look past the letters you can see this was Owen's team on the last day.
And funny thing... when we talk about his camp he always has to say PASS with an obvious British accent... Paaaaass.  It makes me laugh.

I think the reason he likes sports is not so much the playing of the sport but receiving the medals and trophy's at the end.  He is pretty proud of himself for now having two trophy's!! 

No comments: