Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Little Catch Up

 Rachael asked me the other day if I forgot how to blog.... yeah, I guess it's been awhile!  The above picture is of our favorite local pub.  The foods pretty good but the best part is the play area.  The kids love it there1
 A few weeks ago I was all dressed up and ready to go meet some of the mom's before school started for dinner and then worked happened.  Brian had some meetings or phone calls or something he couldn't get out of and so I sat home alone all dressed up and no where to go. 
 One of our final outings of the summer was to Chalkwell Beach.  It's about 30 minutes from our house.  We got there really early in the morning because I wasn't sure what the parking situation was going to be like (turns out it was actually good).  But it was nice because we were the only ones there for the first hour or so.
 We were meeting people from our ward and they kept talking about meeting by the swimming pool.  I could not figure out what they meant until we walked a little ways down the beach and came upon this.  Apparently, when the tide comes in, it fills up this concrete "pool" and when the tide goes back out you get a pool.  Actually a pretty brilliant idea because otherwise the beach would be pretty disappointing since the tide is more than a mile out most of the daytime. 



 Warming up in the sun.
 Seeing what treasures they could find.

It was quite the relief society event by the time everyone came!! 
 I have the opportunity to work with the Young Women in our ward.  It is very interesting to see things work exactly the same in every ward and to also get to see things being different everywhere you go.  Our stake provides the girls 14-18 to go to EFY every other year and therefore they have girls camp every other year and Beehive Camp the in-between years.  This year happened to be Beehive Camp.  I wasn't able to go every day, but I did go up on the Friday evening and stay the night.  They were all such good, fun girls.
 I even got to sleep in a tent!  Something I haven't done for awhile.  Luckily the YW stake president let me sleep in her tent so I didn't have to bring one and set it up.
 I was mostly impressed with the Full English Breakfast they served.  I was expecting pancakes or something simple and easy to prepare but they didn't skimp.  There was bacon, sausage, eggs, cooked tomatoes, toast, and baked beans.  Amazing.
And thankfully the rain held off until we were just finsihed packing up our tents and luggage.  We all made it home dry, but then it rained, and rained, and rained!! 

No comments: