Hahahaha... we had a busy morning getting everyone ready before leaving for the Ward Temple activity day. I helped get the kids dressed and put them in the car while Brian finished getting ready and met us in the car. When we got to the Temple and all got out of the car, we started laughing when we realized how exactly Brian and Owen matched. Still makes me laugh.
I did a session while Brian spent time on the grounds with the kids and a few other members from our ward and then we had a picnic with other families.
Pretty much everyone that was there commented on their matching outfits :)
She is in a "no shoes" phase. Whatever.
Owen with his friend Elliot.
Ellie with her friend Ellie... I'm hoping they become best friends and then Ellika will want to go to Nursery and stay there without her parents. Hasn't happened yet.
There is an LDS bookstore not far from the Temple that stocks A&W Rootbeer and IBC Rootbeer. Well worth the stop!! You can't find this in any regular store here.
Brian introduced our kids to water balloons recently. Owen couldn't smile because he said his lips were hurting him... but he's bursting with excitement on the inside.
And this picture makes me laugh too. Apparently the Nursery teachers asked the kids to color this picture of their family. Ellika colored everyone but the baby. When Brian asked her about the baby she said, "This person is NOT in my family." She wouldn't budge on coloring it. Funny girl. I think she likes being the baby.
Our home teachers are very good. First of all they actually come happily every month and secondly they come prepared to teach and engage our kids. The first month they brought a children's book and related it to the gospel and this month they taught about putting on the whole armor of God. Each piece of the motorcycle gear was a scripture reference and then when I was completely suited up, the kids got to throw paper balls at me that we had written our sins or temptations on. It was a fun lesson that went over well with the family.
2 comments:
I love the accidental matching outfits! Look how grown up owen looks! I love too that ellie is in a no shoes stage. And I am cracking up about the baby she didnt color. Too funny!
I love the accidental matching outfits! Look how grown up owen looks! I love too that ellie is in a no shoes stage. And I am cracking up about the baby she didnt color. Too funny!
Post a Comment