Thankfully, I was told before Owen's first soccer camp about the "soccer kit". Apparently you don't just send your child in a t-shirt and shorts to play soccer. They need to (only because everyone else does) wear an official team's kit (uniform). So because I didn't want Owen to feel different than everyone else we went to Sports Direct to pick out a kit. I got advice from one of the workers there because I know nothing about any of the teams. Most kits cost around 40 pounds for everything. England, the white kit, was on sale for only 22 pounds. I asked Owen what he thought about this team and since they happened to be the one soccer game we have watched here he looked at me and said, "But they lost". I had to hand it to him, but somehow I convinced him they were still a good team to represent.
And it was worth it. Soccer is also serious business here. But this was a great camp. It was only 2 days since I wasn't sure if he would even like it. There were tons of kids but more importantly there were tons of coaches. Owen's friend Ben was also there, which made it easier for him. I dropped him off at 10:30 and picked him up at 3:30.
We got there a little early and it took awhile to find Owen amongst all the other kids there.
Really all I needed to do was look away from where the ball was :)
Ellie decided soccer wasn't her thing and fell asleep in the stroller.
He was really happy at the end of the day and said he really liked it. Of course the two days of his camp were during the one hot week of summer. I think his favorite part was when he got to put his hat in a bucket of cold water and then put it on his head.
I thought he looked so cute in his kit.
More ice cream!
At the end of the second day there was an awards ceremony and he was VERY proud of his trophy!
Owen and Ben
I think the trophy is what is motivating him to participate in another camp later this month.
We found Ellika fast asleep in our bed the other night.... she looked so comfortable I thought about leaving her there and going to sleep in her bed. But that was really just a passing thought. Her bed isn't really that comfortable.
These kids always want to get on the treadmill after I have used it. I wish I loved it as much as they did!!
No comments:
Post a Comment