Owen has one spelling paper, two math papers, and two books to read for homework on Fridays. He only has the two books to read on the other days of the week. He doesn't put up too much of a fight to do it, but he still takes some coaxing. I guess I should get used to it!!
I asked Owen what he wanted for breakfast on his birthday and even listed off several yummy things I could make. But his answer was simply... cereal. He wasn't even too concerned about what kind of cereal. But I decided to make the day special and let him have some ridiculously non-healthy sugar cereal (you know, the kind I usually save for myself :))
And then he had to wait ALL DAY to open his presents!!! He did get to take Cars 2 cupcakes (totally store bought) to school, but then we had to wait until Brian got home. It was pretty much torture for him!
We let him choose one present to open before dinner. One of his friends wasn't able to come to his party and sent a present home with us after school and that was the present he chose first.
And he was very happy with it. It is a new Cars 2 rug. He was excited about it because it has the London Eye and Big Bently on it and since we had just been to London he recognized them.
He didn't make any special requests for dinner and I since my groceries weren't being delivered until later that evening, we ordered pizza. Owen liked using our traditional "Birthday plate" for his dinner.
And then it was present time!!!
Sidley, the airplane from Cars 2, was by far the favorite!! He even sleeps with it!
He also got these cool knights and horses, but Ellie actually liked them better than he did.
And of course the "Bad Boat" from Cars 2. This ones cool because it even talks!! Brian had to figure it all out first though.
Posing with Sidley
Remember that I said my groceries were being delivered later? Well, that means I didn't have any powdered sugar (actually called icing sugar here) and no extra cans of premade frosting in my cupboard. So I used chocolate pudding for the frosting and it actually tasted really good!!! It was just a little lumpy :)
Owen was thinking very hard what his wish should be. I hope it came true!
And then he was much to interested in playing than he was with eating his dessert!! Happy birthday, Owen!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment