Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Big House

 Saturdays are pretty much all about football in Michigan.  We had planned on tailgating with a group of friends on the golf course in AA but since it was 46 degrees outside (!!) we decided the kids would be better off hanging out with Grandma inside.  It was so nice of Kayleen to stay home and watch them so I could go to the game,   thanks again Kayleen!!! 
But just becuase they wouldn't be on the golf course doesn't mean they still shouldn't support their team!!  Go Blue!!
 Did I mention it was cold???  So cold that on the walk from our car to the stadium, Bill borrowed my hat!!
I had workout pants on under my jeans and four layers under my coat PLUS a sweatshirt around my waist just in case I needed it!  BTW I love my new infinity scarf I bought at ladies night!  It worked great!  I didn't end up needing the sweatshirt since it was warmer inside the stadium with all those people.
Bill bought himself a hat at the M Den.  Brian picked it out for him, I really like it.


 I hadn't been inside the stadium for several years so it was so fun to be a part of all the ambiance again.  They have made some changes to the Big House since I was there last too... such as these huge score boards.  They were huge! 
We were one of 111,106 people in the stadium that day.  Pretty cool huh!  The empty section you see is the student section.  We got into the stadium about 20 min. early and the students got there about 1 minute early.  But believe me, they filled it!

Me and Bill

 If you look closely or make the picture bigger you can see Rachael, her parents, and Whitney.  They were sitting on the opposite side of the stadium and I was impressed my camera could find them. 
 In case you don't remember this game was a BLOWOUT!!  As far as I remember Michigan scored on EVERY offensive play, plus some defensive ones!!  I was amazed at the number of total yards for both teams... at this point of the game MI had 384 and Minnesota only had 52!!  I don't know what it was at the end of the game but the final score was 58  to 0!!!  
 We had a good time at the game but Owen and Ellika LOVED spending the day with Grandma!!! 

1 comment:

Amber said...

How fun! Your are a true fan to stick it out in that cold of weather! :0)