Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Temple Day and Preschool Graduation

 We had one super busy Saturday a couple weeks ago.  It started with a 7:30 a.m. lake trip.  We stayed out for a few hours and enjoyed an overcast but very smooth water day!!!
 The kids LOVE to swim in the lake.  When I was little I would never even let go of the boat and they just swim all around it.  I'm glad they like the water so much. 
 Luckily Rachie was there to dress them and keep them warm while we were taking care of the boat (these pictures are from her phone).

 After the lake, we rushed home to get Owen to his last soccer game (see post below) and for me to get ready for our Ward Temple Day Activity.  I was released as Primary Pres. a couple weeks ago but they asked me to continue with the planning and carrying out of this activity since our presidency had been the ones planning it.  It was a nice day.  We scheduled for the adults in our ward to do an endowment session while the YM/YW were doing baptisms and the Primary age children were across the street having a primary activity.  One of the activities was to talk about Temples, what happens there and then walk around the temple and to touch the walls of the temple.  I hope the kids enjoyed it and felt the Spirit there.  I know Owen now talks about going to the temple again, so at least it was good for him!  Following those activities, the RS had a light dinner for everyone that was there.  This was the second time I was involved with all the planning and organizing and I have to say.... kinda nice not to have to worry about it again!!! 
 Earlier in the week we had our Preschool Graduation.  It was so cute.  We had it in the backyard of one of the mom's homes where the kids had a "stage".   They each had speaking parts and sang several songs with actions.   Thanks Lolly for putting it all together!! 
 Singing Twinkle, Twinkle and the ABC's.
The Graduate, with his cap and biggest fan!!

1 comment:

Rigby's said...

These kids are so cute! Thanks for all the Rigby photos... I need to get them from you! We miss you guys!