Friday, March 30, 2012

Detroit Boat Show and Surprise Visitor!!

 I am happy to report that we now have the Internet up and running at our home in England.  I can't believe it took an entire month!!  I have so much to blog!!  I'm sorry that this goes back to February, but I have to go in order as this is how I keep track of the events in my life and it would really bug me if it was out of order! 

So anyway, back in February, we headed out to the Detroit Boat Show.  An annual favorite activity.  We went with some of our favorite people and had a great time.  I made the joke that this paddle boat would be perfect at the cabin!!  The kids loved it.
 Isn't she such a sweetheart??
 Owen liked the wave runners!  Which are fine.... on open, rough water, where there are NO ski boats around and only then!
 It was fun to look at the brand new boats and think this is what we might be getting when we move back and buy a 3 year old used boat :)  We were able to sell our boat, which was good, but sad at the same time. 
 After the boat show we headed to a crepe place in Detroit.  I can't remember what it was called but it was REALLY good.  Anyone that lives there should check it out.  But anyway, while we were waiting in line I look over my shoulder and in with the Hayeses comes the one and only Jocelyn!!  What a great surprise!!  I didn't know she was coming so we had a super fun visit with her. 


 Love these people!! This was the lunch of announcements as Tony and Bibe informed us that they were moving to the other side of the state.  Tony has accepted a job in Grand Haven, MI and he starts April 1st.  Crazy changes!!
It was so fun to see Joc.  And I'm hoping that her traveling job will bring her back to England!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Okay, it only took me 20 minutes to catch up on your blog. Thanks for the excuse to procrastinate my house work! It was so fun reading about your journey to England. I can nearly picture myself there! Good luck with everything. Thanks for keeping us posted!